1 Year Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
The conditions below describe the terms and scope of our 1-year extended warranty. They do not affect your statutory rights or the obligations of your retailer under your contract with them.
Please note that applying for the extended warranty period is optional. Also, you are not required to apply for the extended warranty period at the same time as the appliance to which it relates. The sign up for the extended warranty period can be done within 60 days of your purchase of the relevant intercom
We provide warranty cover for this appliance subject to the conditions set out below.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- This warranty is provided to the customer (you, your) by AES Global LTD. We are a company incorporated in Northern Ireland our registered office address is at Unit 4C, Kilcronagh Business Park, Sandholes Road, Cookstown BT80 9HJ.
The Contract Between you and us
- After applying for the extended warranty online, you will receive an e-mail from us confirming that we have received your application. The contract for the extended warranty between you and us (contract) will only be formed when we send you this confirmation.
- You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein in respect of the extended warranty you have purchased.
- By entering this contract, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and are at least 18 years old.
Duration of warranty
- Subject to conditions 9 to 14, we will rectify defects affecting the intercom which are clearly attributable to material and/or manufacturing faults, provided they are reported immediately after being identified, and within 24 months of the date of purchase (standard warranty period) and for a further period of 36 months from and including the date after the last day of the standard warranty period (extended warranty period) (together the warranty period).
- Warranty provision for the standard warranty period will be free of charge.
SCOPE OF THE WARRANTY
- The warranty does not extend to:
- Fragile items such as acrylic or cosmetic parts or consumable items.
b. Minor variances from nominal features of no significance to the intercoms value or fitness for purpose.
c. Damage caused by the chemical or electrochemical effects of water or e and
d. Exceptional environmental conditions, inappropriate operating conditions, or the intercom having come into contact with unsuitable materials.
- This warranty does not apply to loss or damage outside of our reasonable control, such as transport damage for which we are not responsible; improper installation and assembly; improper use; poor installation.
- We AES LTD reserve the right to invalidate this warranty:
if installations are performed by people that do not have any installation background or training
b. in the event of physical or verbal abuse toward any member of our staff
- We will decide whether rectification of defects will take the form of a repair of the Intercom. All units that can reasonably be transported or posted may need to be returned or shipped to our Returns Department for repair. We will bear the costs of such transportation if there is a fault with the unit.
- Services provided under warranty neither extend the Warranty Period nor commence a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the Warranty Period of the appliance.
- These warranty conditions apply to products purchased in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Where appliances are shipped to and operated in other countries (destination country), the appropriate technical conditions (e.g. voltage, frequency) are met and the climatic and environmental conditions in the country are suitable and there is no legal restriction (e.g. missing approbation or declaration of conformity), the terms of the warranty of the destination country will apply, provided a local customer service network exists within the destination country which operates in EU/EFTA areas. Outside of this geographical area, the warranty will become void.
- The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge, or otherwise dispose of this contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We (AES LTD) may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of this contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of this contract.
Events Outside our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. (Force Majeure Event)
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
b. civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
c. fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or pandemic or other natural disaster;
d. impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
e. impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
f. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under this contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under this contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If any of these terms and conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of this contract.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into this contract, neither of us relies on any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions, or the documents referred to in them.
- Each of us agrees that our only liability in respect of those representations and warranties that are set out in these terms and conditions (whether made innocently or negligently) will be for breach of contract.
- We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of this contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
Variation to these Terms and Conditions
- We may vary these terms and conditions from time to time provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature and quality of the warranty provided hereunder. Any such changes will be notified to you as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Alternative despite resolution
- Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to ADR Group via their website at www.adrgroup.co.uk/. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract, its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
AES Global LTD
Unit 4C, Kilcronagh Business Park, Sandholes Road, Cookstown BT80 9HJ
Phone: 028 8639 0693